SABA Relief is currently looking to fill the following position(s):
SABA Relief is looking to employ a professional individual, who will be highly committed to our mission and value. We are looking for an experienced fundraising manager to join the SABA Relief team. Do you have the passion, commitment and drive to make Yemen a better place to live?
Lines of reporting: The Fundraising Manager reports to SABA Relief Director and Board of Trustees on progress against strategic fundraising targets.
The role will include the following core responsibilities:
- Develop and deliver a comprehensive and coherent fundraising strategy for the organisation.
- Set and achieve realistic time-limited fundraising targets, agreed in consultation with key staff and the Board of Trustees.
- Create a sustainable and diverse fundraising portfolio, with funding streams including individuals, major gifts, corporates, community, events, trusts/foundations and other grant-makers, with appropriate priorities.
- Lead the fundraising campaigns.
- Carry out prospect research and develop a comprehensive fundraising database that captures all relevant information, as well as handling all administrative aspects of fundraising such as Gift Aid.
- Recruit and manage volunteers for a fundraising project.
STRATEGIC AND GOVERNANCE
- Play a crucial role in shaping the future direction and growth of the charity, through input into board meetings and the organisational strategic plan.
- Take ownership of organisational growth and funding, reporting to the Board of Trustees on progress against fundraising targets at quarterly meetings.
FINANCIAL OVERSIGHT AND REPORTING
- Lead communication with key donors and funders with the aim of cultivating, growing and sustaining long-term funding and collaboration.
- Ensure reporting to funders is accurate, transparent and timely.
- Liaise with the Director and trustees to ensure the organisation’s cash flow and financial sustainability through careful budgeting, realistic fundraising targets and coordinating timely access to funds from supporters.
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
Candidates for this role would be expected to possess the following experience and qualifications:
- A strong track record of securing funding for charitable or NGO activities from a variety of funding streams.
- A strong portfolio of communication and awareness-raising materials.
- Excellent personal contacts and connections with potential major donors and supporters.
- A relevant qualification in fundraising (desirable).
- An understanding of the situation in Yemen
In all aspects of this role the following personal qualities are essential:
- Excellent planning, time management and organisational abilities.
- Highly motivated and able to work independently to agreed goals and targets and take ownership of the overall fundraising programme of the organization.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a small close-knit team.
- Adaptable and flexible to changing circumstances and needs of the role, including flexibility in working hours.
- Able to work under pressure, meeting key project and reporting deadlines.
- Commitment to confidentiality and respect for patient anonymity where appropriate.
- Willingness to travel to different cities in the UK
- Salary is based on experience.
Applications, including a full CV and covering letter, should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org by the end of the day on 2 April 2018.