Charity General Manger
SABA Relief is growing, and we need a professional with integrity to use their initiative to help drive our vision forward. You’ll be working alongside a committed team of individuals to help raise the profile of the tragic humanitarian situation in Yemen and raise much needed funds.
Reporting to the Chairman and the Board of Trustees, the General Manager will be responsible for overseeing the day to day running of the Charity and he/she will also be instrumental in maintaining good governance within the Charity. As a small charity, there will be times when flexibility and task sharing with other posts will be required. In the main however, the post holder will be responsible for the following:
- To be the primary point of contact for the Charity
- To ensure good communication with the public, donors, our Patrons, and partner organisations via emails, newsletters, the website and social media.
- To identify new donor opportunities, whether they be individuals or organisations
- To maintain an appropriate database of donors, taking account of data security and GDPR.
- To maintain the volunteer and supporters’ database and manage their activities in collaboration with others in the charity.
- To develop a pipeline for projects and oversee their management. This would require the creation and management of the entire projects’ value chain to include, but not limited to, idea creation, budgeting, implementation and report writing.
- To manage the fundraising calendar to include campaigns, considering seasonality and the integration of volunteers and supporters.
- To routinely report to the Chairman and the Board of Trustees on the progress of projects, highlighting problems and areas of progress and resolution. To support and chair the Charity’s meetings (Board of Trustees) and actioning Board decisions and providing reports and updates of the outcomes.
- To liaise with media outlets to ensure a high profile for the Charity’s activities.
- To develop, review, and update operational policies in line with legal and statutory requirements.
- To populate and maintain the Charity’s risk register.
- To facilitate the production of the Charity’s statutory annual returns.
- Monitor the Charity’s expenditure across all departments, including projects, and report on any variance.
- To provide regular financial and performance reports to the Chairman and the Board of Trustees
- To represent SABA Relief externally and build relationships with key stakeholders to optimize funding opportunities.
- To keep up to date with changes in the legal and regulatory external environment as it impacts upon charities and fundraising.
- To work with outside agencies and consultancies where appropriate.
- To manage the workload and performance of all staff.
- To be willing to travel across the UK and work out of office hours to cover fundraising and other charitable events.
The successful candidate must demonstrate the following essential skills and experience:
- Previously managed projects from inception through to completion
- Knowledge of the legal framework of charity law.
- Experience working with vendors and suppliers
- Experience of budgeting and financial forecasting
- Experience of working with the charities commission and producing annual reports
- Experience of developing, updating and implementing policies and procedures in line with regulatory and statutory requirements
- The ability to identify new fundraising opportunities and donors.
- Excellent inter-personal and communication skills (verbal and written).
- Previous experience managing a small team (ideally in the voluntary sector)
- Educated to degree level or equivalent.
- Good IT skills to include use of databases, and strategic overview/management of digital marketing.
The following skills are considered desirable:
- Flexibility and the ability to adapt to differing priorities and situations
- The ability to work under pressure
- Knowledge of the geo-political situation in Yemen and the Middle East
- A team player
Salary dependant on experience.
To apply, please send your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.